If you’re looking for a way to get your hair looking its best, then there’s only one thing that will do it: a hair straightener.
You need more than heat and air (and maybe some hairspray). A hair straightener can help eliminate frizz, smooth out your curls, and make your unruly mane look shiny and sleek.
There are many different types of flat irons out there, but they all have one thing in common: they’ll help you tame those wild waves and curls. If you want to be sure that those waves never catch on anything again, invest in a good flat iron.
Finding the Best Hair Straightener for You
Finding a suitable hair straightener machine can be a daunting task. Do you want to splurge on an expensive one or go for something affordable? A travel-friendly one or something that allows you to use it at home?
The truth is, there are so many different kinds of hair straighteners, and each has its pros and cons. But before you make your decision, you need to know what type of hair straightener is best for your needs.
These come with venting systems that let you use them on damp hair; they’re beneficial for girls who are short of time! No need to let your hair air dry before starting work. So if you are someone who washes their hair before heading to college or work and don’t have the time to blow-dry it and then style it, this is the best for you!
Ideal For: Curly hair. It will produce somewhat straight hair, but it won’t be as smooth or sleek as ceramic irons would. You could try it on curly, coarse, or frizzy hair. You’ll need another flat iron after straightening your hair to eliminate frizz. However, your hair will be dry and straight, so you can quickly run a flat iron to control the frizz, and you will be good to go.
Flat irons with tourmaline plates
As the name implies, these irons have plates that have ground tourmaline dust. When heated, tourmaline flat irons emit negative ions and need less heat to straighten hair.
Ideal For: Hair that is fine, damaged or coloured. If your hair has been chemically treated or is brittle, it’s also the best straightener.
Titanium flat irons
These hair irons are similar to tourmaline in that they produce negative ions and don’t need as much heat. They also heat up very quickly and have additional advantages. They typically cost more than the others, though.
Ideal for: All hair types, but it works best on coloured, brittle, or damaged strands.
Ionic flat irons
Using ionic technology, these smooth your hair while trapping moisture, leaving it soft and smooth. These professional hair straighteners are great for a variety of hair textures.
Ideal For: Various hair types, including frizzy, curly, wavy, coarse hair and dry. Avoid turning up the heat too much if you have fine hair because it will make your hair appear limp and flat. In the meantime, damaged, brittle hair needs to be handled with the utmost care and at the apt temperature setting.
Flat irons with ceramic plates
As their name implies, these distribute heat evenly. The only issue is that the ceramic coating may start to peel off over time, eliminating its smoothening properties. A straightening iron occasionally combines ceramic with tourmaline or ceramic with ions.
Ideal For: Hair that is slightly curly or wavy. A ceramic iron will straighten your tresses if it is frizzy or has very tight curls. However, it won’t have the desired straightening effect as it is ideal for wavier hair textures.
How to Straighten Your Hair Without Damaging It
Now that you have chosen the ideal hair straightener for your hair, it’s time to maximise its potential. To use a hair straightener safely at home, follow these steps.
- Use a good shampoo to wash away the grease, dirt, grime, and other debris from the hair.
- To soften the hair and add a layer of protection, use conditioner.
- Dry the hair with a towel, being careful not to rub it harshly against the surface. This prevents your hair from getting frizzy.
- Spray generous amounts of hairspray on towel-dried hair and let it air dry naturally. For quicker results, folks can also utilise a blow dryer.
- Set the flat iron to moderate temperatures to reduce heat damage.
- Enjoy silky, straight hair without being concerned about damage.
Straighten Those Tresses Like a Pro
After the hair has been straightened and smoothed, it needs to be maintained. The following advice will help establish a healthy routine for your straightened hair.
- The hair, after temporary straightening, is delicate. Before rewashing your hair, you should hold off any heat styling for at least 72 hours.
- All day long, people must stay hydrated. A hydrated body functions effectively, which eventually helps to promote healthy hair.
- Using shampoo devoid of sulfates and parabens reduces hair’s exposure to damaging chemicals.
- To give moisture and nourishment to the roots, hair must be thoroughly oiled and massaged as often as possible.
- Hair straighteners are versatile; not only can you straighten the hair, but you can also try your hands on curling hair with a straightener.
You can visit the Health & Glow collection once familiar with how to employ a hair ironing machine. They have the best hair straighteners for women at affordable prices to meet your hair styling needs.